01 Product Overview:
The ESD Access Control System is engineered for swift, frequent, and precise evaluation of ESD personnel grounding equipment. This innovative design seamlessly incorporates an ESD tester, touchscreen display, IC/ID card reader or barcode scanner, Ethernet module, and more within a compact stainless steel housing.
This system seamlessly integrates with various access control mechanisms, including tripod turnstiles, swing gates, flap gates, electronic locks, and air shower rooms. Moreover, it facilitates fundamental ESD testing management and prevents unauthorised entry into an Electrostatic Protected Area (EPA) without prior ESD testing.
Furthermore, the system electronically archives test results for easy retrieval, enabling efficient attendance management with the ability to create distinct attendance reports. It can automatically store up to 5,000 test results even when the software is not in use, and the PC is offline.
Notably, this system complies with the requirements set forth by ANSI/ESD S20.20 and IEC61340 standards in the United States and Europe.
02 Main Features:
- Communication: TCP/IP
- Touch press button design
- LCD display screen shows: Time, Date, Position, Department, Employee ID, Name, Group, Tested Item and detailed resistance of wrist strap and footwear
- Basic Permission Set Up:
|Card / Barcode + Wrist Strap
|Card / Barcode + Footwear
|Card / Barcode + Wrist Strap + Footwear
|Card / Barcode + Wrist Strap or Footwear
- After swiping the card (or barcode), system will be automatically reset: if not going through in limited pass time.
- ESL) Testing Steps:
- Swipe the card to ensure the iegai permission of card or barcode. (Finger print / Palm Print / Facial recognition can also be one of the ways to give the legal permission)
- To begin the test, use your finger to bridge the test switch’s upper and down metal contacts. Hold your finger down until the test results are displayed on the touchscreen.
- DO NOT touch any other metal while performing your test as this will affect your results.
- ESD testing result: Green arrow with voice announce means the testing has passed. The Red arrow with voice & light instruction means testing has failed.
Notes: When performing a footwear test, be sure to place both feet on the dual foot plate (one foot per plate). Keep the foot-plate clean. When performing a wrist strap test, be sure to completely plug in the wrist cord into the tester’s port.
03 Testing Features:
- Simultaneous testing of the worn wrist strap and foot grounders in less than 2 seconds.
- Records results for each foot grounder and each conductor in single-wire and dual wire wrist straps.
- Digitally programmable test limits (online version).
- Dual foot plate design independently tests each foot grounder.
- Capable of automatic reset. When the card is swiped, but no one passes within the access time limit, the system will automatically reset. The access time limit can be set based on the actual needs as requested.
- The alarm will be triggered in case the employees press the button for ESD test before swiping cards and registering identity, which can remind employees to develop desirable habits and prevent time-consuming congestion.
- ESD garments may be tested using the wrist strap port.
04 Hardware Features:
- 5-inch Colour Touch Screen Display.
- Single-Wire and Dual-Wire Wrist Strap Testing.
- Heel Strap and ESD Shoes Testing.
- IC (ID) Card Reader (or Embedded Barcode Scanner).
- Ethernet Module for Network Communication.
- Dual Footplate for Independent Footwear Testing.
- 28v DC Testing.